Monday, April 4, 2011

second stage

Last night the wind came up and nearly blew the bivouac down.
Today was no improvement. Sand everywhere and glale force winds all day. Apart from that the stage was great. I took it easy (as I want to go into the long stage in goodshape) and had fun chatting to a few people along the way. I spent most of the stage with Tim from the UK,and also Mike from canada who helped me through the dunes yesterday. I feelreally good today, which is probably because there was only about 6km of dunes - much better! Now we r bunkering down in our tents trying to limit the sand in our clothes, food, sleeping bag etc. not much luck so far. Thanks for yesterday's emails-it was great. Caroline and Anton - I really miss you both!
Would you believe there is talk of rain tomorrow? Jay says I'm a jinx...

No comments:

Post a Comment