Friday, April 8, 2011

marathon satge


Well, hardly a marathon pb, but I certainly managed to finish today faster than I anticipated. Again, considering my lack of training, I am very, very happy with my progress. By next week I should be fit enough to run the race! I have held up well and the body is in good shape - hopefully better than when I started :) Today was a great mix of terrain, with climbs, flats, sand, an oasis, a town and loads of little kids running with us for parts. It was hot, particularly towards the end where we ran over a vast open plain covered in black rocks. I was very excited to see the giant silver teapots (yes, teapots) that mark the bivouac at least 3/4 hour sooner than expected. 2morrow is a 17k final leg, and then it is all over. I can post some more stories once I get back to town. Today is our last day to receive race emails, so dont send any more. Thanks to everyone for their support - it has been great!
Wish me luck for the finish :) ine

2 comments:

  1. Wow Wow Wow enjoy every bit of final leg my friend . Love Maree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the final leg!! Sheryl

    ReplyDelete